Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I survived Week 1



My first week of doctoral coursework was very fruitful. Both of my professors were extremely knowledgeable, professional, and recognized experts in the field of education. I was swamped with reading and assignments. I love to read, but I’m typically a slower reader, especially when I feel that I need to take notes-which I nearly always do. There is obviously a lot of work involved in this program, but I knew that there would be so there’s no call to complain on that front.

The other student’s in my cohort are all extremely friendly people with diverse backgrounds and positive attitudes. I feel blessed that I can go through this with them.  I think that in a classroom full of extroverts, I may be the only introvert. I would bet that my research and public speaking skills will both improve vastly over the next several years.

I do feel a little bit out of my league, but I typically feel the same way with every new job I've ever started- it takes a little bit of time for me to get into the groove. I’m doing my best to stay cheerful and tweak my time management skills to accommodate these new life changes. Week 2 of 8 of the Summer Term starts tonight at 6PM in the RMU Library. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment